Types of permits, conditions and duration
Residency permit: When the applicant is legally in Spain, s/he will get a permit for 3 years or for the length of the contract if less than this, to reside and work throughout the national territory.
- Authorization of residence by EU intra-corporate transfer:
The maximum duration of the relocation is 3 years in the case of managers and specialists and one in the case of workers in training.
- National residency permit by intra-corporate transfer:
The maximum duration of the relocation is 3 years or that of the contract if less, renewable.
Where to apply for residency?
Residency permit: in the Unit of Large Businesses and Strategic Collectives UGE-CE. UGE-CE
- General documents: consult General Information.
- Documents specific for Highly Qualified Professionals: Documents attesting to:
- The existence of a real business and, where appropriate, the company group.
- Higher educational qualifications or equivalent or professional experience of not less than 3 years of age.
- The existence of a previous vocational or professional relationship of at least 3 months with one or more of the companies in the group.
- Documentation from the company confirming the transfer.
In the case of residency permit by EU intra-corporate transfer:
- Holders of a valid EU intra-corporate transfer residency permit, issued by Spain, may enter, reside and work in one or more member states on prior notification or request for authorization in relation to the authorities of those states in accordance with its rules and regulations in application of the directive 2014/66/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 may 2014 on the conditions of entry and residence of third-country nationals within the framework of accredited professions under intra-corporate transfer.
- The entities established in other member states of the Union, shall be able to move to Spain, on prior communication with the Unit of Large Business and Strategic Collectives, foreigners with an EU intra-corporate transfer permit during the validity of such permit.
Exceptions to EU ICT
The Directorate General of Migration may object, with grounds, to mobility within 20 days from the request, in the following circumstances:
- When the requirements of this article an not complied with.
- When the documents submitted have been acquired by fraud, or have been counterfeited or tampered with.
- After the maximum duration for the transfer. In case of opposition by the Directorate General of Migration, the first state will allow the re-entry of the foreigner and his/her family without further formalities. If the move to Spain has not yet taken place, the refusal shall prevent it from taking place.