Non-EU resident foreigners who are going to carry out the previous procedures in order to develop an entrepreneurial activity or start, develop or direct an economic activity as an entrepreneur in Spain can apply for a visa or residence permit.

Types of permits

Residence permit: when the applicant is legally in Spain, he will obtain a 3-year permit to reside and work throughout the national territory.

Where to submit the residence application and its renewal?

Residence permit: in the Large Companies and Strategic Groups Unit. UGE-CE

Required documents

General documents: see General Information.

Specific documents for entrepreneur: (*)

  1. The professional profile of the applicant, their training and professional experience as well as their involvement in the project. In the event that there are several partners, the participation of each of them will be evaluated, both those who apply for a visa and those who do not require it:
  2. The business plan, at least, with the following elements
    1. Description of the project: business activity to be carried out, start date, location, expected legal form of the company, potential economic impact of the investment, description of the number of jobs that are estimated to be created and their functions and qualifications, planned promotional activities and sales strategy.
    2. Description of the product or service: the description will be detailed and will include the innovative aspects.
    3. Market assessment and expected evolution, description of potential competitors, assessment of potential consumers and analysis of supply and demand.
    4. Financing: required investment, sources of financing and financial plan.
    5. The added value for the Spanish economy, innovation or investment opportunities.

    In the case of visas, you must obtain a favourable report prior to the visa application.